Getting divorce after your unsuccessful marriage is not a simple task to do, you may have all the reasons to set your marriage with your spouse to void, but you must take this plan through legal actions that your country or state will require you.
Just like the value of marriage, getting divorce in the United States may differ in the state government’s guidelines and not with the federal’s. this process of marriage’s dissolution is considered to be a legal action, judges and authority have all the rights given to make this matrimonial bond dissolves in the most legal and possible way.
This is to restore them back to the single status, that will allow them to marry again in the future. There will be legal consequences that will be involved upon filing divorce, issues like lack of spousal support, your property distribution, child custody and child support that will occur after all legal steps were done.
Laws of divorce may have variation from state to state, all states may allow no fault in any divorce proceedings, many state court would still consider to take account for any behavioral factors upon dividing their properties, support for the children, unpaid debts, and evaluation of the children’s custody. Some states may also give the couple the time or deadline to separate physically by living apart from each other with formal decree of divorce proper.
Prior to the introduced no fault divorce, the spouse will always have the need of proving the fault of her spouse just like abuse or adultery in order to obtain its effectiveness, lawyers and the spouse who filed it will take time to negotiate things right before filing.
If children got involved with their parents’ separation, the state will take responsibility in supporting the children, percentage of the United States’ divorce that had been successfully settled in the court is more or less 90%, and the median marriage life according to statistics, may just last for about 11 years. Prenuptial and postnuptial agreements may take into account but the divorce process will still needed to be determined by the court of the state where they are residing, for the absence of these agreement may result to a stressful experience to any of the spouses and may then lead to a more expensive process. Mutual resolution to conflicts may happen possibly through collaborative divorce and mediation, this process is acceptable mutually.
In order for the kids to be safe from any consequences like for their education and financial support, all of the states are now requiring parents to have their parenting plan right before the effectiveness of the divorce, they may also plan to decide for their children’s custody as to whom can support them in all that they need. This is either be done through visitation that will be agreed upon the court’s hearing that will take effect when they are already legally separated.
There are actually various types of divorce, these are the following;
- No fault divorce – which is not requiring any of the party to have its allegations.
- At fault divorce – this is considered to be the sole way in breaking marriage, if the coupes’ differences are what they are trying to convey as their allegations may not be considered as fault, they will be given the option as to whether get totally separated or to remarry.
- Summary divorce- this is commonly called as the simple divorce in which both parties meet a certain requirements to arrange key issues against their marriage.
- Uncontested divorce- this may done with or with the absence of lawyers in which both parties had agreed about all the issues.
- Collaborative divorce- they are required to agree to certain resolutions with the guidance of their lawyers. Spouses have their rights to decide depending on their needs and interests.
Mediated divorce- there will be existing mediator upon the divorce hearing that will lead the discussion between both parties that will be able to provide them proper and useful information.